Samantha Fabien graduated from Seton Hall University in 2015 with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations and Journalism. In 2016, she went on to attend the Columbia Publishing Course. Through her workshops and mentorship there, she was introduced to the world of international rights and agenting.
Samantha pursued and fostered her passion for foreign rights and editorial through her internships and part-time work at three literary agencies: Ayesha Pande Literary, Writers House, and Chalberg & Sussman.
She joined the Laura Dail Literary Agency team in May 2018 as their International Rights Manager and literary agent, before joining Root Literary. Samantha’s truest passion—apart from reading and writing—is sharing inclusive, lasting, and impactful stories with the world.
She’s currently seeking:
Commercial and high-concept fiction for both adults and children.
Genres of interest
- Historical fiction (the 1600s-1970s) that highlights little-known trailblazers and takes place outside of the US
- Speculative fiction
- Thrillers/Mysteries/Suspense that caters to a smart, female audience
- Contemporary romance
- Upmarket Women’s Fiction (for the millennial experience)
- All sub-genres of MG and YA.
- Graphic Novels and Picture Books from author/illustrators
- All #OWNvoices projects from marginalized writers (writers with disabilities, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and neurodivergent).
Please visit here.