We are a directory devoted to listing and supporting literary agents of color in publishing, a resource for writers and illustrators to use as they research and seek representation for their work. The number of BIPOC agents in publishing is small but steadily growing; it is our goal to raise visibility for new and existing BIPOC agents across the industry.
- Please note that this website is strictly a directory and is not meant to be an endorsement or recommendation of any kind. Writers should always do their own research before querying an agent.
- We do not directly pair writers seeking representation with agents listed on this site. It is up to the writer to research each agent’s submission process and query accordingly.
- If you are a BIPOC literary agent who would like to be added to the directory, please refer to the contact form here.
- We are not publishers and do not consider work for direct publication.
- Maintaining this directory requires time and funds, and while we only actively ask for donations once every two years, we’re open to any contributions you would like to make. If you would like to make a donation, please visit here.